24 Hours of Payson - AKA the Payson Stampede
Well Bozzelbloggers - here is the first stab at finishing a 24 hour solo mountain bike race. First weekend in May, warm but not hot. This is what I would call an easy course - less than 2000 feet of climbing per lap, all on dirt dual-track (aka Jeep Roads). My mind might go numb from the monotony, but at least I have only a small chance of getting hurt at 3am since the course is not technical. Necessary Items:
-MP3 player
-plenty of nutrition
-Support (ie of the female kind - aka my girl D)
-Clear head
-Strong legs
I don't think it will be physically hard - I have done one 12 hour effort before, and I was in good shape after that on a similar course.
The training started on Dec 31st. I snuck in a 1.5 hour ride today on my "lunch hour" - hey, I'm paying for it...I came in at 7am and I won't be leaving until 6pm. My tires sucked, I have a creak in my bottom bracket - probably from riding on wet roads last week - but I felt pretty good considering its January. Average heart rate was somewhere around 155. That's a little high, but hey, it was about 55 degrees and I forgot my arm/leg warmers, so I had to stay warm somehow.
CB
Yesterdays
- January (5)
- December (12)
- November (10)
- October (16)
- September (14)
- August (9)
- July (17)
- June (8)
- May (18)
- April (16)
- March (14)
- February (17)
- January (18)
- December (13)
- November (10)
- October (15)
- September (18)
- August (18)
- July (18)
- June (14)
- May (21)
- April (15)
- March (16)
- February (16)
- January (18)
- December (4)
No comments:
Post a Comment